Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dawn Treader to have Transformers 3 Announcement Trailer Attached?


If you know me at all, you know that I’m a fan of many things, not just Narnia. One of those things is Transformers. I watched the original animated series when I was a kid (and with that I have just dated myself). Yes, I’m old enough.

This news is a little bit backward, in that usually we’re announcing what movie you can find a trailer for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader attached to. However, this time we’re going a bit backwards. When I saw a comment from Michael Bay that mentioned Narnia, I thought I’d weigh in.

Michael Bay’s Transformers films have their ups and downs, and they are far more adult oriented than they really should be. It makes news of this very strange, as the target audience seems very off. But, considering what they’re doing with that franchise, it seems like they’re targeting the two projected big guns of the Christmas season: Narnia and Tron: Legacy. Both films are releasing in 3D and Michael Bay shot Transformers: Dark of the Moon with 3D cameras.

Michael Bay commented: I will give full details of my process and why I liked 3D in the next week right before the Transformers announcement piece comes out on Tron and Narnia.

What does this mean for Narnia? Well, it seems that all of the marketing is finally beginning to pay-off. Especially now that the boy-wizard Harry Potter film has come and gone, and everyone that wanted to see it has likely seen it by now, people are turning to look at what’s coming next. Not just that, but the two biggest films coming this December. That they are placing a Transformers 3 announcement trailer (commonly called a teaser trailer online) onto both major 3D releases means they’re going for word of mouth and casting a wide net, hoping to catch the attention of people everywhere.

This also means that they’re hoping Narnia has a huge opening, so that they can have the largest reach possible. Plus, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been tracking very well with test audiences and has excellent and positive word of mouth from those that have seen it.

Let’s band together and make The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader the stand-out film this Christmas

http://www.narniafans.com/archives/10451